Wednesday 2 March 2011

HOLEY HORSERADISH

Today I learnt that white butteryfly caterpillars like to eat horseradish leaves too... really really like to eat them. If there were anymore holes in those huge green leaves, there wouldn't be anything left! And why is it that when I sneak over with the tennis racket to bash the hell out of them, they all flutter off in different directions and I'm left flapping around after one that I don't have a hope in hell of hitting! Honestly, I'll have to come up with some giant version of the fly swatter you can buy that electrocutes them. NICE, I could even send Adam out to do the deed, I can imagine he'd enjoy that as much as watching me out there with the tennis racket :)
I sent Eden out into the garden this morning to collect the eggs and find something for dinner. Carrots (even a couple of pretty big ones!) and beetroot was the pick of the day. Awesome work little lady! Roast beetroot, rocket and feta salad with a Tomato and beef pie it is then. No pastry... hmmm... have spent weekly shopping allowance... but have butter and flour, phew! Never made it before but it was pretty simple, if a bit time consuming and I don't think it would work out any cheaper that buying the pre-made stuff from the supermarket (Seriously, have you see the price of butter, what's with that!). Nice to know though that I can make it from scratch in the future and actually, it really was Delicious. I reckon lovely husband with be pretty pleased when he gets home from cricket!

My happy moment today... watching the kids standing at the gate with their money box, waiting for the ambulance, police car and red cross to come past collecting for Christchurch...*PROUD!!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment