Thursday 1 September 2011

Mounting tension....

So this morning I woke with butterflies in my belly. Nope, not from the joy of today being the 1st day of spring, nor from the flutter of tiny feet in my puku. This month my blood, sweat and tears (not to mention sleepless nights and random bouts of manic laughter) will come to fruition on the 24th, when the Kindergarten fundraiser I've been planning most of the year will be held.

So far, so good! Venue booked, speakers sorted, advertising posters and tickets looking fantastic, and sponsorship and donations flowing in steadily. Catering... No worries!
Tickets sold to date.....2.....!
It sounds worse than it is i think . I know of at least 30 or so people who are defiantly coming, but I'll certainly feel better when they have actually purchased their tickets ... and told their friends and family to buy theirs as well. I know there is no need to feel like my insides are jelly, the workshop is going to be great and all 230 tickets WILL sell... I guess this nervousness is just all part of planning an event. Who the hell would be an event planner!!! They must love living on the adrenalin the stress creates... Me... I prefer the nervous anticipation of waiting for my first tomato seedlings to appear, or seeing if the mixed capsicum seed will this year surprise me with some of those lovely orange peppers... not just green ones.

So, those of you who would be interested, here's the flyer for the fundraiser.

Please come ...

... and make your friends (mums, grandmas, and husbands) come too. Lynda Hallinan (my idol) is a fantastic speaker and will be full of good juicy info for us all. Anyone wanting more info or to buy tickets can leave me a message and I'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment